Laura is a Patent Attorney based in our Guanzhou office.
Laura specialises in the field of IP litigation. She advises her clients on a wide range of IP litigation issues including patent validity and infringement analysis, IP litigation and due diligence, anti-unfair competition and trade secret, etc.
She is a key member who assists many multinational companies in protecting their patent rights and invalidating patents against competitors in China. She often represents clients before the IP courts in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and the Supreme Court. Laura has accumulated extensive experience in patent infringement and invalidation disputes, especially in the sectors of mechanical engineering, computer science, and telecommunications representing multinationals in wining influential cases and retrial cases before the Supreme People’s Court.
Some of her notable work are specified as follows:
- Representing a famous multinational company of telecommunications in various patent administrative litigations.
- Representing a US leading company of computer devices in patent invalidation proceedings and infringement litigations regarding mobile devices.
- Representing a domestic enterprise of household appliances in various patent infringement litigations and patent administrative litigations.
- Representing a well-known company of auto-related industry in patent infringement cases regarding auto part designs.
- Representing a famous Taiwan enterprise of mobile devices in patent infringement litigations; and
- Representing a well-known American company of beauty products in various administrative litigations of design patents.
Prior to joining Lusheng, Laura had been working as an IP attorney at a boutique IP law firm for eight years. Prior to that, she served as a patent examiner at the State of Intellectual Property Office for three years, focusing on patent prosecution.