Miriam is an Associate based in our Guangzhou office.
Miriam has over 20 years of experience in IP dispute resolution in China, mainly advising multinational companies.
A certified lawyer since 1999, Miriam holds deep and comprehensive knowledge in intellectual property laws and regulations in China.
Miriam’s expertise covers trademark, unfair competition, copyright, as well as patent disputes. With a solid knowledge on contract and company law, Miriam is also actively in charge of out-of-court settlement negotiation, agreement drafting and execution.
Civil litigation experience:
- Representing a famous US consumer goods brand and winning a landmark in an unfair competition case against a trademark squatter – China’s first ruling of an unfair competition case by using the “good faith” principle (Referenced as a Top 10 IP litigation Cases of Zhejiang Provincial Court, China)
Other representative experience:
- Advising a New Zealand medical device giant on a patent infringement litigation and mediation
- Advising a top US sun cream brand on a series of complex trademark and unfair competition cases against online and offline infringers
- Representing a top US motorcycle brand on a civil litigation against a copycat infringer
- Acting as leading lawyer for a global lighting solution brand on a series of patent litigations in China