- Yoga, hiking and playing with her daughter
Peeraya is a Principal, Deputy Country Manager and Head of Dispute Resolution Team of our Thailand business.
Peeraya joined Rouse in September 2008 and is a Partner at Rouse Thailand and Principal of the Rouse Network. She has degrees in law from both Chulalongkorn University in Thailand and Queen Mary, University of London.
She is the head of our Thai Dispute Resolution Team, representing clients in contentious disputes and IP enforcement matters, including patent, trade mark and copyright disputes. Recent major cases she has handled include:
- Patent infringement action involving hard disc technology for a Japanese industrial company as part of a cross-border litigation case against an American competitor.
- Patent cancellation and infringement actions involving hand-held engine for a Japanese industrial company against Thai importers.
- Civil and criminal actions against websites streaming foreign sports programmes.
- Criminal actions against parallel import and counterfeit medicine.
- Civil actions to appeal and reverse decisions of the Department of Intellectual Property’s Trademarks Board, at the IPIT Court of First Instance through to Supreme Court.
Her non-contentious works include reviewing and advising on commercial IP related agreements for Thailand and other countries and on advertising clearance for multinational technology corporation and multinational financial services corporation.